Saturday, March 26, 2011

Where's the Spicket?

Do you know what's not helpful with a front yard garden bed?  A backyard spicket, an eight foot fence, and a crappy hose.  After many agonzing attempts at pulling that hose over the fence and trying to get all the kinks out so that I could actually water, I gave up and started making multiple trips from my kitchen with a watering can.  While this was less frustrating, it took a lot of time. 

So I would ask questions like, "Can't we put a gate on this side of the house?" But then Paul would explain why that would be more difficult than what he had in mind.  Okay...so what did he have in mind?  He had a genius idea actually and today it finally came to fruition. 

Today was mulch day.  I had been waiting until all the tree hassle was over with because what's the point of putting down mulch if it's just going to be covered with sawdust?  While I was wandering around the garden center picking out all the things I eventually want to do, Paul disappeared and was gone for quite awhile.  When he did reappear he had various metal connectors, an iron hose reel and a 75' kink free hose.  My hero.

This whole project took about fifteen minutes.  The splitter was attached first and then a 15' hose was attached and snaked under the fence until it came to chest height.  Then Paul put a shut off valve between the 15' hose and the kink free hose, and wrapped it around the hose reel.  We put the old hose on the other side of the splitter and now we can water both the front and back hassle free.

No comments:

Post a Comment